Can't boot 6.10.0-RC2 with 128GB of memory installed.  But can boot 6.9.2 with 64GB installed. 

Go to solution Solved by JamesDaMan,

Can't boot 6.10.0-RC2 with 128GB of memory installed.  But can boot 6.9.2 with 64GB installed.  I can downgrade to 64GB and both 6.10.0rc2 and 6.9.2 boots.  Ordered and installed another set of 128GB of RAM.  Same exact error (bzimage checksum error - press ENTER key to reboot ...).  Did several clean installs on to usb flash drives. I swapped out three sets of memory several times, as soon as I install 128GB, it no longer boots.  I'm running a dell r510.  And would love to go back to RC2 so my windows11 VM will run with swtmp.   Any help thanks....

Edited by JamesDaMan
corrected size
  • JamesDaMan changed the title to Can't boot 6.10.0-RC2 with 128GB of memory installed.  But can boot 6.9.2 with 64GB installed. 
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Ezrael said:

Here another R510, 24GB of RAM. Same bzroot cheksum error.

I'd try the USB on 2 more servers/computers and with no problem on they.

But unable to run it on that R510 server.

In my case 6.10.0 RC2.

Any solution or idea?

The only way I got it working was to roll back to 6.9.2.   Hopefully they will get it fixed, soon.

7 hours ago, JamesDaMan said:

The only way I got it working was to roll back to 6.9.2.   Hopefully they will get it fixed, soon.

Yes. 6.9.2 works perfect... 

The problem is upgrade in order to test it if its work and downgrade on a different computer...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...