Added cache drives and default shares to them now duckdns container doesn't work

After following spaceinvaderone's video on multiple cache drives/pools I added cache drives to my unraid setup. Then I pointed the default shares, appdata, domains, isos, and system to their respective cache. I then installed the duckdns container. It installed correctly ( I think ). But the logs show an error "curl: (3) URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL" and this occurs every 5 minutes.

Since the default shares point to cache drives now, am I supposed to manually edit containers when I install them?

Thanks.

Don

Unraid 6.9.2

Thanks for your reply. In following spaceinvaderone's video, I deleted the share folders ( appdata, domains, isos, and system ) from /mnt/disk1 after pointing them to the new cache drives. Was this a mistake? Should I have deleted them from /mnt/user as well? Since this is a new install of Unraid, should I just format all drives and start over? ( Already done this once )

Thanks again.

tower-diagnostics-20220221-0839.zip

29 minutes ago, whirledpeaz said:

Thanks for your reply. In following spaceinvaderone's video, I deleted the share folders ( appdata, domains, isos, and system ) from /mnt/disk1 after pointing them to the new cache drives. Was this a mistake? Should I have deleted them from /mnt/user as well? Since this is a new install of Unraid, should I just format all drives and start over? ( Already done this once )

Thanks again.

tower-diagnostics-20220221-0839.zip 127.64 kB · 0 downloads

/mnt/user/sharename includes the ‘sharename’ folder regardless of the drive they exist on.   They are therefore just different views of the same content.

16 minutes ago, itimpi said:

/mnt/user/sharename includes the ‘sharename’ folder regardless of the drive they exist on.   They are therefore just different views of the same content.

Thank you! I couldn't understand why /mnt/user/sharename and /mnt/my_cache_name contained the same data. Is there a symlink for this somewhere?

22 minutes ago, whirledpeaz said:

Thank you! I couldn't understand why /mnt/user/sharename and /mnt/my_cache_name contained the same data. Is there a symlink for this somewhere?

No symlink involved - it is all handled internally within the Unraid level using a Fuse file system overlaid onto the physical drives.

Ok then. Thanks. So I removed the duckdns container and image, deleted it from previous apps. Then I installed it again and it seems to be working this time.

Just so I understand, now that i have cache drives and my default shares are pointed to them with the setting of "Prefer-cache". I should not have to edit docker containers appdata path on any new containers I install -- is this correct?

Thanks again for all the help. I did not understand the relationship between /mnt/user and /mnt/cache