Parity Errors Help

Hello,

I have been dealing with parity errors that won't seem to go away, and now the number appears to be climbing (up to 157 now). I can't seem to get them to to go away. None of my drives seem to be showing any issues and everything is working correctly, but I hate seeing errors. Can someone suggest next steps or where my issues might be? I have attached diagnostics.

Potentially helpful info;

I run parity checks monthly and keep write correction on (not sure if his is good practice). Last few parity checks have thrown errors.

My RAM is non-ECC and running at rated overclock of 3200MHZ (maybe I should try no/lower OC?).

Server has been restarted and multiple parity checks with write correction, errors always remain (though not always the same number of errors)

Current uptime of this diag. is almost 25 days so it should be enough info.

Please let me know if there are any questions that would shed extra light. Appreciate any help!

server-diagnostics-20220301-1627.zip

16 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Yes. The RAM isn't the limiting factor, it's the CPU / chipset. Most RAM is rated for way higher speeds than the CPU can stably drive.

And you would expect that to be causing the parity errors? 

My CPU and Motherboard officially support 3200mhz ram, which is what I'm running at, so I'm surprised there would be issues. 

Edited by Bulletoverload
9 hours ago, Bulletoverload said:

I run parity checks monthly and keep write correction on (not sure if his is good practice).

As a side note, it is NOT recommended.

Say one of your data drive is actually acting up. Writing the correction to parity will write the wrong information to your parity drive(s).

It is better to assess the situation, then decide what to do. Trust parity or write the correction.

6 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

As a side note, it is NOT recommended.

Say one of your data drive is actually acting up. Writing the correction to parity will write the wrong information to your parity drive(s).

It is better to assess the situation, then decide what to do. Trust parity or write the correction.

I appreciate this. Will change this setting. Thanks!