User shares disappear - “cannot stat file” in syslog

Hi, had this issue on and off a couple weeks now. Seems when downloading or moving files the user shares all disappear and if I try view files from the Main tab it says “No listing: too many files”. 
I had searched the forum and found a post suggesting to turn on disk shares and disable hard links. I did this but the error persists. Rebooting seems to fix things only temporarily then it will happen again. Looked at a few topics and none seem to have satisfactory resolution, is this a known bug?

Per this thread (https://forums.unraid.net/topic/74731-solved-all-user-shares-have-disappeared-from-unraid-gui/page/2/
I reformed ls -ail /mnt command and got the attached screenshot with a bunch of ? Text. Then I rebooted and ran command again before starting the array and after starting it and it looks better as per the next screenshot. Ran the chmod 777 /mnt/user as the thread suggested. Shares still disappeared after a while

Diagnostics attached. 

tower-diagnostics-20220306-1209.zip

34CFD3E3-79AF-410A-9C53-8C3F779EB156.png

C544FF4B-BF61-40F9-8E2F-952B05D460AC.png

Edited by partyhat
  • partyhat changed the title to User shares disappear - “cannot stat file” in syslog

Looking at your diagnostics I see:

Mar  6 10:20:06 Tower kernel: XFS (md1): Corruption detected. Unmount and run xfs_repair

followed  few seconds later by:

Mar  6 10:20:07 Tower kernel: XFS (md1): xfs_do_force_shutdown(0x8) called from line 955 of file fs/xfs/xfs_trans.c. Return address = 000000004ccdb74b
Mar  6 10:20:07 Tower kernel: XFS (md1): Corruption of in-memory data detected.  Shutting down filesystem
Mar  6 10:20:07 Tower kernel: XFS (md1): Please unmount the filesystem and rectify the problem(s)
Mar  6 10:20:07 Tower move: move: create_parent: /mnt/cache/downloads/sab-incomplete/Mr.Robot.S04E04.404.Not.Found.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-EPSiLON/__ADMIN__ error: Structure needs cleaning
Mar  6 10:20:07 Tower root: Cannot stat file /proc/9617/fd/34: Input/output error

and from then onwards continual Input/output error messages.

This suggests to me that you may have RAM issues.  I would recommend running memtest from the Unraid boot menu. 

I would also suggest running a File System Check/Repair on all your array drives.