Docker stopped working.

Diagnostics attached. I woke up today to Docker containers not working. If I tried to stop/restart any container, I got "Execution Error".  I tried stopping Docker, deleting the vdisk, and starting Docker back up. Now, the Docker page says Docker failed to start.

No idea what's going on. The server was working great last night. Never turned it off. Now it's borked.

sanctuary-diagnostics-20220316-1131.zip

Edited by Hollandex

Btrfs detected data corruption in both devices

Mar 16 11:12:23 Sanctuary kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme0n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 65, gen 0
Mar 16 11:12:23 Sanctuary kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme1n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 46, gen 0

This is usually a RAM issue, start by running memtest, since the filesystem was also affected if a problem if found best bet after fixing it is to backup and re-format the pool.

I rebooted to no avail but I then shut the system down entirely so I could mess with the components inside the case. When I started it back up, everything is working fine again. Docker starts, VMs work, etc.

So....does this still sound lime a RAM problem? I'll probably take the server offline tonight and let memtest run while I sleep.

Edit: Spoke too soon. It started to work. Now it's all failing again. In the same way.

Edited by Hollandex
56 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Btrfs detected data corruption in both devices

Mar 16 11:12:23 Sanctuary kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme0n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 65, gen 0
Mar 16 11:12:23 Sanctuary kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme1n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 46, gen 0

This is usually a RAM issue, start by running memtest, since the filesystem was also affected if a problem if found best bet after fixing it is to backup and re-format the pool.

Okay, running memtest now. If the problem persists, since the cache is acting as if it's read only, will Mover be able to correctly move the contents off the cache and on to the array? Or should I just manually do a copy/paste from /mnt/cache to /mnt/disk1 (for instance)?

I think I'll format the cache pool either way, just to be safe, so I wanted to make sure I get appdata/domains/system files properly backed up.

UPDATE

I ran 8 passes of MemTest, across ~14 hours. Zero errors.  I might try more passes later but, for now, I'm satisfied there aren't any issues with the RAM.

I ran an extended self test on both NVMEs. No issues found.

So, at this point, I have no idea why or how my btrfs pool got corrupted. Which kind of sucks. I'd love to pinpoint a reason so I can feel assured it won't happen again.

I formatted each drive as XFS then put them back in a btrfs pool (this was the only way I could get Unraid to let me format the drives from btrfs to btrfs). I nuked my docker vdisk, just in case it was the culprit. And now everything is back to running like normal.

Thanks to both of you, Squid and JorgeB, for the help!