[URGENT] Unable to enter registration page on unraid after replacing USB from cloud backup

Laov
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello,

I just replaced my unraid USB stick. My old one got fried as I tried to install an internal USB3 adapter...

I got my backup from unraid forums my servers tab.

Everything booter up and now I need to replace my key, but as I enter the registration page I am greeted with a blank page:
image.thumb.png.9c09ceedabc4a8cff457f98d07ec65f4.png

Attached diagnostics.

Some more details:

Installation on my new stick was only successful trough running make bootable after copying everything from the backup zip.

PS:

I really need to have this server up by morning... :(

dataserver-diagnostics-20220318-0112.zip

I found this little option:
NOTE: We strive to manually replace licenses ASAP. If you cannot replace your registration key yourself (having done so more than once per year) and you need access to your server right away, it is recommended that you first set up a new Unraid trial with a new USB drive and then contact us to manually transfer your license.

Any instructions how to do this? Start a trial and then copy my existing backup on top of it excluding the key file?

I couldn't get the server up using a trial key... If any 1 could help me out with this while I try in resolve my proper license I'd really appreciate it... I need my array, dockers, and VM up... It should be possible to just copy the settings for those on a clean unraid install right?

• Solution
7 hours ago, Laov said:

It should be possible to just copy the settings for those on a clean unraid install right?

Not quite - I do not think a trial will accept the disk assignment from a full licence version so you have to reapply them.  Easy enough to do as long as you know what the assignments should be and you can then tick the parity is valid checkbox to avoid rebuilding parity.  All other settings in the config folder should come across without issue.

8 hours ago, Laov said:

I couldn't get the server up using a trial key... If any 1 could help me out with this while I try in resolve my proper license I'd really appreciate it

You did not mention why you could not get the trial working :(