Any easy way to add virtio network drivers to Windows 10 install onto VM?

Hi All,

I've created a new windows 10 VM in unraid 6.9.2 and am in the middle of installing windows 10. I have the virtio ISO attached and have loaded the drivers for the hard drive. After the W10 VM boots and the installation begins, this installation requires access to the internet to finish off and connect / join / login with a Microsoft account. But, for some reason the network drivers aren't picked up from the ISO, and I get the error below.image.thumb.png.ac623bfbc901972d40b955bab6648d08.png

I know its possible to overcome this 2 ways:

1. Click "i dont have internet" and log in as a limited account, then load the network drivers from the ISO, and then add a microsoft account to the installation.

2. Follow the "add drivers to windows offline" instructions using DSIM and windows PE, which looks to be quite a long process.

I like to create VMs to mess around and test things, then delete them when I'm done - I don't really want to be doing either process above every time I need a fresh W10 VM! Is there any way to bring up some kind of a driver load screen during the installation to load the network drivers and avoid either one of the 2 methods above? Cheers.

3 minutes ago, PitRejection2359 said:

is 6.10 RC stable enough to "go prime" with yet?

Depends. I personally have 3 boxes on rc2 and one on rc3, I've had no ongoing issues.

There are some people that seem to be having issues though, I recommend reading the release threads to see if it sounds like you may have something in common with the complaints. It's been several months since I upgraded from 6.9.2, so I can't remember for sure, but I don't think there are any showstoppers involved in going back to it if the rc's don't work out for you.