Can unraid lock the IP of the device whose login failure times exceed the set limit?

Can unraid lock the IP of the device whose login failure times exceed the set limit?

I want to access my unraid server through the public network, but it is not very safe to open the port directly, so I wonder if unraid has the function of blocking the ip that fails to log in, or what method can be used to achieve it?

6 hours ago, Gaoxing said:

I want to access my unraid server through the public network, but it is not very safe to open the port directly,

If you want to access the server remotely you need to use something like the built-in WireGuard VPN server to secure the link, or use the Remote Access feature of the My Servers plugin.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, itimpi said:

如果要远程访问服务器,则需要使用内置的WireGuard VPN服务器来保护链接,或使用"我的服务器"插件的远程访问功能。

I have My Servers plugin.

1 hour ago, ChatNoir said:

You should not simply expose the Unraid interface to the internet. It is not secure enough.

If you want to access to Unraid outside your LAN, you should set up a secure connection. There is built in support for Wireguard in the OS, so that's the simpler option.

thanks,i'll learn it

On 4/3/2022 at 7:54 PM, itimpi said:

The MyServers plugin is good for getting remote access to the Unraid GUI with minimum effort.  If you want remote access to anything else (e.g. Docker containers, other devices on home LAN) then WireGuard can support this securely.

thanks for your reply ill try it