Anyone can tell me if Unraid supports this NIC?

I have an Ethernet controller identified by Unraid as: Aquantia Corp. AQC107 NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion], brand name Comfast.

I ran into a problem when using Unraid NIC passthrough, it looks like none of my settings seem to be wrong, but the NIC is unable to get an IP address, I have used Truenas and Windows VMs, specifically, a NIC device is found in Windows but no driver, and Truenas is unable to get an IP address, either through DHCP or manual mode.

So I'm wondering if Unraid can't support this brand of NIC, can any of you answer my confusion? Thanks very much.

Here is the device information about this NIC.

image.thumb.png.a6d1c892500298347361a08a2888a25b.png

Yes, I just want to be able to use this NIC in a VM, but no matter what I can't use it, as I mentioned above, truenas VM has no way to get the ip address, windows VM can see this NIC and I have installed the NIC drivers through a third party driver, but the network still says not connected, I'm pretty sure the network is connected. The lights on both the switch and the card are on, and I have replaced serval network cables to use them, all without success. And this NIC, which was previously used as a NIC for the unraid system (not doing pass-through), is perfectly fine.

Edited by dskblh

When a device is passed trough like that any issue with it should be related to the VM using it, Unraid isn't loading any driver or doing anything to it, hence passed trough, even if the device wasn't supported by Unraid it can still be passed through and used by a VM (that supports it).

• 2 months later...