No video output after boot

Just picked up a Lenovo x3100 M5 and video output disappears after boot.  I can see BIOS screen and everything like that.  But as soon as it starts boot from Unraid, I get no output.  Not just black screen but monitor sees no input.  Unraid is working perfectly fine, boots like it is supposed to just have no output.  For testing I booted from ubuntu live usb and it outputs video like it should.  Any help would be appreciated.

unraid-diagnostics-20220408-1036.zip

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, jmztaylor said:

Here is a fun wrench to throw in.  GUI mode works perfectly fine.  Set GUI to boot by default and it works perfectly.  Not really sure what that means to be honest

Do you maybe redirect the console output to a serial port in your BIOS?

This could be the reason that you get no output...

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you have IPMP or something similar? I think the console is redirected to something else, or you need a special parameter in the syslinux.conf to display it properly on your display output.

Yeah it has a IMM.  In the BIOS there is no settings for it other than network configuration.  It doesn't even seem to be an option to disable it.

37 minutes ago, jmztaylor said:

Yeah it has a IMM.  In the BIOS there is no settings for it other than network configuration.  It doesn't even seem to be an option to disable it.

Only other suggestion I have is to set in syslinx

CONSOLE

§  CONSOLE flag_val

If flag_val is 0, disable output to the normal video console. If flag_val is 1 (default), enable output to the video console.

Some BIOSes try to forward this to the serial console and sometimes make a total mess thereof, so this option lets you disable the video console on these systems.

29 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Only other suggestion I have is to set in syslinx

CONSOLE

§  CONSOLE flag_val

If flag_val is 0, disable output to the normal video console. If flag_val is 1 (default), enable output to the video console.

Some BIOSes try to forward this to the serial console and sometimes make a total mess thereof, so this option lets you disable the video console on these systems.

Like this?

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
console 0
label Unraid OS
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot
label Unraid OS GUI Mode
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label Unraid OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label Unraid OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

Edited by jmztaylor
On 4/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, jmztaylor said:

I set console to 0 and 1 and it ended in the same result.  I lose video as soon as grub loads.  But booting to GUI mode, I still get the no output during boot till GUI is loaded. And the GUI works fine.

if you are doing uefi booting try.

append initrd=/bzroot  video=efifb or append initrd=/bzroot video=vesafb for non uefi and see if you get any output