Which UPS to get for my setup

Hello All, I had a power outage recently which affected my Unraid system, forcing me to do a parity check when power returned.

As you can imagine, this was a bit frustrating. 

I've been looking at Cyber Power VP1200EILCD or VP1600ELCD, however I noticed only the CP(e.g. CP1500EPFCLCD ) series has been confirmed to work based on these forums. Has anyone tested any of the VP series?

Any guarantees they would work well with Unraid - controlled shutdown upon power loss.

Think carefully about the Power Rating of the UPS that you buy.  The larger units use non-standard battery setups that can be expensive when the replacement time rolls around.

Consider how long you really need the server on the UPS.  Where I live, if the power is out for longer than ten  seconds, it will be out for hours!  So I have set up my UPS to shutdown after being on battery for 30 seconds. 

There is a second reason for this type setting.  If you have set up the UPS to shutdown when only (say) 10%  of battery reserve and you have a power outage that cause a UPS shutdown, it will take twelve to twenty-four hours to fully recharge the battery.  In the meantime, if you (or someone else) restarts the server and a second outage occurs, the battery may not have enough charge to complete the shutdown.

• Like 1