Disks dropped from array | how to recover?

Hi,

So I changed my SATA controller cards for a Startech 8P6G-PCIE-SATA-CARD and swapped a 2TB drive for a 10TB drive and I started getting errors when it was rebuilding the disk and it dropped it out of the array, it also dropped a second disk. I changed the cables, etc, it's the card that does not play well with Unraid. (after a little reading, I should of known better)

So I reverted to my old setup and started the array without one disk, restarted the array and added the disk so it could start rebuilding as a new one and it worked no problem but once it's done, it's not mounted, how do I remount it to the array?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, BalouBougon said:

So because the drives had errors and were dropped, unraid won't let me mount them until I run a filesystem check, is that correct?

No.

You can have disk errors, and even dropped or disabled disks, without having an unmountable disk. And you can have an unmountable disk without the disk being dropped or disabled.

Unraid can't mount unmountable disks. The filesystem has to be repaired before it can mount them.

If the disk is disabled, then it is emulated by parity, but it is possible for the emulated disk to be unmountable. Usually you would repair the emulated filesystem before rebuilding in that case. But it is possible the emulation is being corrupted by problems with other disks.

Diagnostics can usually help figure out the best approach.