Random Server Freezes after Upgrades.

Hey Guys, 

So as the titles says, I recently upgraded my hardware. My previous build was an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU on a Asrock B450 ITX Gaming Board with 32GB or RAM, my LSI Card, and a Quadro P2000. I had issues with the Quadro falling off the BUS but that was fixed by disabling C-States after that my server was SOLID and stable did not give me any problems. 

Since I was going to build a new desktop I decided to re-purpose my CPU and build a new server. So the new server hardware consist of a Ryzen 9 3900x mated to a Asus Prime B550 Plus (stock speeds), 32GB of RAM, same LSI card, and same Quadro P2000. I've had this new system for about a month now. And the server has frozen on me Twice ... completely unresponsive, no ping, nothing. What can I do to make sure logs are written and recoverable when this happens because I noticed that when I recover the server, the logs are empty. So I have no way to share logs with your geniuses to help me troubleshoot this issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 10:45 PM, SiRMarlon said:

Hey Guys, 

So as the titles says, I recently upgraded my hardware. My previous build was an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU on a Asrock B450 ITX Gaming Board with 32GB or RAM, my LSI Card, and a Quadro P2000. I had issues with the Quadro falling off the BUS but that was fixed by disabling C-States after that my server was SOLID and stable did not give me any problems. 

Since I was going to build a new desktop I decided to re-purpose my CPU and build a new server. So the new server hardware consist of a Ryzen 9 3900x mated to a Asus Prime B550 Plus (stock speeds), 32GB of RAM, same LSI card, and same Quadro P2000. I've had this new system for about a month now. And the server has frozen on me Twice ... completely unresponsive, no ping, nothing. What can I do to make sure logs are written and recoverable when this happens because I noticed that when I recover the server, the logs are empty. So I have no way to share logs with your geniuses to help me troubleshoot this issue. 

In case anyone comes across this ... I believe disabling C-States solved my problems. Because I have not had anymore freezing lock up issues (knocks on wood) 🙂

• Like 1