Cache drive failed, shown as unnassigned instead of missing?

Hi,

My current setup has 4 cache drives set to btrfs raid1.

One of those 4 drives seems to have died and I wanted to make sure that I am doing things by the book to prevent any data loss.

When I boot the server, it shows the failed drive as unassigned (which is a little weird to me, cause with array drives, they usually show as missing + drive name).

When I start the array without the failed drive attached, my docker containers seem to be missing. Shouldn't those still show up as the cache pool is set as a raid1 and therefor no data should've been lost?

When a spare drive is connected, I have the option to add it to the cache pool and format it, but I want be sure that if I do that, it will just rebuild the raid and give me back my docker containers?

Any advice?

Thx in advance

19 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Error suggests superblock is damaged in one ore more devices, try the safe recovery options described here first:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=543490

Thx for the response.

I am getting the following error on all of my remaining cache drives:

> ERROR: cannot read chunk root
> Could not open root, trying backup super

Wanted to check if the only thing I can do is go for the btrfs check --repair command, as you state it is not a preferable solution?

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

If even the backup supers don't work unlikely that check --repair will also work, before trying that try this, on all 3 devices:

btrfs-select-super -s 1 /dev/sdX1

no luck:

ERROR: cannot read chunk root
Open ctree failed

Will try --repair now

btrfs check --repair /dev/sdX1