UNRAID single Disk FULL (VM)

Have a Centos Vm in my Unraid Server, and give the Centos VM 5TB of share folder, and this share folder have DISK3,4,5,6(1.2TB each)

Now, the DISK3 is full with a single file, and the VM doesnot boot because not enough space.

What can i do

截屏2022-05-16 上午9.29.39.png

截屏2022-05-16 上午9.29.52.png

截屏2022-05-16 上午9.30.07.png

截屏2022-05-16 上午9.30.14.png

截屏2022-05-16 上午9.31.37.png

截屏2022-05-16 上午9.31.45.png

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Unraid doesn't stripe data, so no file can be larger than a single disk, not sure how to fix the VM problem, likely you'll need to use some OS specific recovery tools.

I can still copy the .img file, but it is just toooooo big, 6TB.

I need to buy a new disk that is larger than 6TB, so i want to find a way to fix it without spend any extra

You could temporarily get it running by removing disk5 and disk6 from the parity array, assign them to a new pool and rebalance to RAID0, when that is done you will have a pool with ~2.4TB of space. Copy the vdisk file to it with sparse always, then change the VM XML to point to the new location.

vdisk image files are sparse when created, so they only actually take up the room on disk that is used, but they appear to the VM as the full capacity. If you put more data in the vdisk than is available on the single array disk or pool, the VM will crash. Pools can be created with multiple volumes using BTRFS RAID levels, so you can create a larger contiguous space.

What I am describing is not easy to do, and if done incorrectly will result in the loss of your VM data. If it's important, I recommend making a backup first, which will require some space larger than 1.2TB, which is the current real size of the VM data. To copy it will require the use of tools that understand sparse files, and how to copy only the occupied parts of the file.

i understand that, im going to local store for a 8TB drive to back up the file

6 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

您可以通过从奇偶校验阵列中删除 disk5 和 disk6 来暂时运行它,将它们分配到一个新池并重新平衡到 RAID0,完成后您将拥有一个具有约 2.4TB 空间的池。将 vdisk 文件复制到其中,始终保持稀疏,然后将 VM XML 更改为指向新位置。

vdisk 映像文件在创建时是稀疏的,因此它们实际上只占用已使用磁盘上的空间,但它们在 VM 中显示为全部容量。如果您在虚拟磁盘中放置的数据多于单个阵列磁盘或池中可用的数据,则 VM 将崩溃。可以使用 BTRFS RAID 级别创建具有多个卷的池,因此您可以创建更大的连续空间。

我所描述的事情并不容易做到,如果做错了会导致你的虚拟机数据丢失。如果它很重要,我建议先进行备份,这将需要大于 1.2TB 的空间,这是当前 VM 数据的实际大小。要复制它,需要使用了解稀疏文件的工具,以及如何仅复制文件的占用部分。