Missing drives but OS still sees them

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I added another drive to my machine. When I went to the UI to stop the array and to add the device, I saw that 2 of my devices are now showing as offline and contents being emulated. I restarted the server, no change. I checked all the cables and I don't see an issue with any of them. I started the array in maintenance mode, and ran a quick smartctl scan and an filesystem check on both the drives. they both passed and came back clear. But Unraid is still showing the drives as missing.

20220516175937867.jpeg

20220516175927964.jpeg

20220516175917551.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

We can 't see why the disks got disable because of the reboots but they look healthy, and two disks getting disable at the same time is seldom a device problem, since the emulate disks are mounting and assuming contents look correct you can rebuild on top:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

thanks for the quick reply and help. I'll go through that process.

6 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

We can 't see why the disks got disable because of the reboots but they look healthy, and two disks getting disable at the same time is seldom a device problem, since the emulate disks are mounting and assuming contents look correct you can rebuild on top:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

with that process should I do each drive 1 at a time, or can I repair both at the same time?