Upgrade to 6.10 docker offline

Your syslog is full of crashes on macvlan.   This can normally be fixed by upgrading to 6.10.1 and using iplan instead under docker.

later you start getting btrfs errors on the loop2 device which is the one holding the docker image file so this is corrupt and will need recreating.    Not sure if there are also problems at the btrfs level on the cache pool.

44 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Your syslog is full of crashes on macvlan.   This can normally be fixed by upgrading to 6.10.1 and using iplan instead under docker.

later you start getting btrfs errors on the loop2 device which is the one holding the docker image file so this is corrupt and will need recreating.    Not sure if there are also problems at the btrfs level on the cache pool.

Where is the setting for iplan?  Also nuked the docker.img file and rebuilt from previous apps.  

38 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

You should disable Intel VT-d ASAP, looks like the same issue that affects the HP Microserver Gen8, likely because they use the same NIC driver, more info below:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/123620-unraid-os-version-6100-available/page/8/#comment-1129501

I don't specifically have VT-d in my BIOS but I am assuming its just the virtualization technology setting.  Is there a bug tracker to follow this?  I am also assuming VMs will not work till this is corrected?

Edit: Also parity check is showing 2900 errors so far 3% into it.  Is there a way to find out where they are to nuke those files.  Array data does not concern me too much with loss. 

Edited by jmztaylor
1 hour ago, jmztaylor said:

I don't specifically have VT-d in my BIOS

It might be called a different thing, like Intel Virtualization technology or similar, alternatively add intel_iommu=off to syslinux.cfg append line, in either case check after booting that IOMMU is really disable, click on system info, top right of the GUI, you should not use the server until that's done.

Just now, JorgeB said:

It might be called a different thing, like Intel Virtualization technology or similar, alternatively add intel_iommu=off to syslinux.cfg append line, in either case check after booting that IOMMU is really disable, click on system info, top right of the GUI, you should not use the server until that's done.

Yeah I disabled Intel Virtualization Technology.  Assumed it was the same thing

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Now it's disable, likely there are two different settings in the BIOS, the one you disabled is for VT-x, you can re-enable that and still run VMs as long an no hardware if being passed through (for that you need VT-d).

What is the solution for the parity sync errors.  If this issue causes corruption, what should be trusted?

So the cache pool is returning no more errors but parity check on array is returning errors.  Last run there was zero.  So between the upgrade and this issue some corruption was introduced.  What should be believed?  That parity is still good and needs to do corrections or restart with blank parity and trust the data is good?