Wont Boot Multiple Errors

Hi Guys,

Installed a new Corsair Commander Pro and pcie USB 3.0 card. Unraid booted and worked ok, but VMs wouldn't start. I noticed that the USB controllers I had bound to the vfio to be passed through to the VMs had become unbound and had different identifiers. I get errors such as "unable to mount sda1" and "Can not bond:0" others I can't remember atm. Tried different usb ports etc.

Can I start with a clean slate?. Can I down load Unraid 6.10.2 and see if it boots with a fresh install?. Will this write to, or corrupt the array?. Can I just overwrite the Config folder in 6.10.2 with my old config folder from my back up?

TIA 

Peter

17 minutes ago, PeteyBoPetey said:

Can I down load Unraid 6.10.2 and see if it boots with a fresh install?

Yes.

17 minutes ago, PeteyBoPetey said:

Will this write to, or corrupt the array?

No, you can re-assign the disks if you know the original positions or copy super.dat from the existing config folder on the flash drive.

19 minutes ago, PeteyBoPetey said:

Can I just overwrite the Config folder in 6.10.2 with my old config folder from my back up?

Yes, but that would basically be the same as using current flash.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Yes.

No, you can re-assign the disks if you know the original positions or copy super.dat from the existing config folder on the flash drive.

Yes, but that would basically be the same as using current flash.

Clean install is being treated as a trial, didn't seem to recognise the USB ID. Will this be resolved with the super.dat overwrite, or do I need to buy a licence key?

So just to confirm,

Download Unraid 6.10.2 

Make bootable as administrator 

Overwite new super.dat with old super.dat

Install USB and boot machine

TIA

10 hours ago, JonathanM said:

*.key

Ok 90% of the way there. All the array drives are listed, copied Plus.key to new config folder. However, the cache drives are listed in unassigned devices, these have my VMs vdisks on them. I assume the need to be mounted in the correct order as well?. Can I just copy a file the same as super.dat with the array?