No Disks are Showing in Version: 6.10.2

Hello community.

Today I have installed Unraid onto a 16GB USB and began a trial of Unraid OS using the latest stable version - 6.10.2. I have spent the last 4 hours trying to get 2 hard drives and 1 SSD recognised by Unraid and have so far failed and quickly loosing trust in a system I am yet to use. I therefore turn to the community for guidance and to build this trust.

The system is a TK Server SC813M with a X9SCM-F motherboard. It has an LSI 6Gbps SAS Mega RAID Controller Card (L3-25121-86B) installed connected.

I have installed a 1,5 TB WD  drive, a 1TB WD drive and a 250 GB Samsung SSD into the server. All drives are recognised within the raid controller config screen.

When booted into Unraid I cannot see the drives. I have plugged the drives into a Windows PC and it was instantly recognised by Windows. I used Windows to do a quick reformat of the drives but they still did not show in Unraid.

I hope someone can tell me what is going wrong. If all goes to plan this system will be holding 4 drives and in excess of 10TB data and while I have a backup of the data I'd prefer not to have to use it.

Please let me know if you need more information to diagnose the problem.

Nico.

grafik.thumb.png.1d13a07a581e140372e5991a7a968295.png

tower-diagnostics-20220609-2120.zip

6 minutes ago, BrossElite23 said:

Hello community.

Today I have installed Unraid onto a 16GB USB and began a trial of Unraid OS using the latest stable version - 6.10.2. I have spent the last 4 hours trying to get 2 hard drives and 1 SSD recognised by Unraid and have so far failed and quickly loosing trust in a system I am yet to use. I therefore turn to the community for guidance and to build this trust.

The system is a TK Server SC813M with a X9SCM-F motherboard. It has an LSI 6Gbps SAS Mega RAID Controller Card (L3-25121-86B) installed connected.

I have installed a 1,5 TB WD  drive, a 1TB WD drive and a 250 GB Samsung SSD into the server. All drives are recognised within the raid controller config screen.

When booted into Unraid I cannot see the drives. I have plugged the drives into a Windows PC and it was instantly recognised by Windows. I used Windows to do a quick reformat of the drives but they still did not show in Unraid.

I hope someone can tell me what is going wrong. If all goes to plan this system will be holding 4 drives and in excess of 10TB data and while I have a backup of the data I'd prefer not to have to use it.

Please let me know if you need more information to diagnose the problem.

Nico.

grafik.thumb.png.1d13a07a581e140372e5991a7a968295.png

tower-diagnostics-20220609-2120.zip 44.74 kB · 0 downloads

As there is no raid set defined unraid will not see. You need to setup the drives as passthru/jbod. Ideally use a nonraid card or see if it can be flashed as it mode.

4 hours ago, SimonF said:

As there is no raid set defined unraid will not see. You need to setup the drives as passthru/jbod. Ideally use a nonraid card or see if it can be flashed as it mode.

Yeah unfortunattly i am not able to do ether of those with my Raid card. But thanks a lot.