Array disks go missing after update to 6.10.3

18 minutes ago, DAC said:

Still curious as to why my configuration did not survive the update/reboot..

SAS devices were displaying the long name and are now using the short, though strange this happening after updating from v6.10.2 to v6.10.3, are you sure you didn't update from v6.9.2?

Actually, I updated from 6.9.2 to 6.10.2 just a few days ago, and then from 6.10.2 to 6.10.3 when prompted last night. I didn't notice any differences (in the Unraid UI at least) in how the disks are identified. What are the SAS long and short names to which you refer?

2 minutes ago, DAC said:

Actually, I updated from 6.9.2 to 6.10.2 just a few days ago

And nothing changed after updating to 6.10.2 correct?

3 minutes ago, DAC said:

What are the SAS long and short names to which you refer?

Long name includes the world wide name:

HUS724040ALS640_PCK5U0LX_35000cca05cb3a924

Short name omits that:

HUS724040ALS640_PCK5U0LX

Interesting.. Yes I recall seeing the long names before, and the fact that my "Historical Devices" list shows long names would seem to back this up. However I can't tell you if the change to short names occurred after the 6.9.2 to 6.10.2 update, if that's what you're asking. I certainly didn't change it in Settings.

Ok, makes sense. So the system came back up with short names after rebooting into 6.10.3, and that caused it to lose track of my disks. Don't know why it decided to change disk names, if that was part of an update I imagine it would have broken the config for a lot of users! My config is rebuilt now and after rebooting, it survived. Thanks for your help!

• Like 2