ssh: connect to host port 22: Connection refused

Go to solution Solved by jmztaylor,

I encountered titled error when trying to ssh into my unraid server from another computer. I verified that all the ssh keys are intact, as suggested in the post below. I am very new to the Unraid/unix world so that I'm not sure what the troubleshooting steps should be. Any helps and suggestions would be appreciated! 

Running on cmd, I got the following output

OpenSSH_for_Windows_8.1p1, LibreSSL 3.0.2                                                                               
debug1: Reading configuration data C:\\Users\\qcx/.ssh/config                                                           
debug1: Connecting to 192.168.1.207 [192.168.1.207] port 22.                                                            
debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.207 port 22: Connection refused                                                    
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.207 port 22: Connection refused 

If instead running in wsl, I just got the single line of output that is the following

OpenSSH_8.2p1 Ubuntu-4ubuntu0.5, OpenSSL 1.1.1f  31 Mar 2020

26 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

I believe it's not even trying to check the keys, does root have a password?

It does. SSH doesn’t even prompt me for the password before it terminates the process and prints out connection failed so I wasn’t able to even put in the password. 

• 1 year later...