Got WAF

beckp

Looks like I got the Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) :D. She came back from an estate sale with boxes of DVDs. Now, I need my system to grow to accommodate. The HDs I need will cost way more than what she paid for the disks.

I think some stores allow you to trade in DVDs towards the purchase of the same video on BluRay.

Maybe you should look into that?

Have you found one that gives you a decent trade? WB $5 trade in is not bad, but is limited in selection and Amazon's trade in is not really worth the bother unless you were indifferent from throwing them away.

Currently my weakness is for used rentals, 5 for $20 I just can't pass up. I just need to be able to read them once so I'm not picky about it being new or not, as long as the case isn't too bashed up looking.

I took most of mine a few  years back to disc replay. I got a decent price for my DVD's back then. I took the store credit option and  picked up blurays in trade. not the best deal between $1-$5 a dvd. most in the $2 range then. 

Of the ones they didnt take or were to low:

I gave like 100 away to people that helped me move the last time I moved.

I then dumped the rest at a pawnshop for a $1 each.

it was better then tossing them out. the value of a used dvd might be worse now.

i still have a medium sized DVD collection for titles that have not found on bluray or wont make it to Bluray for a while if ever.

Things like the LOTR EE, Star Wars and older DVD's i have yet to find on bluray, like Jade unedited, Taps (bluray version was an awful master), The Beast (2001)... the list goes on

Archived