Unraid 6.9.2 to 6.10.3 Array Stopped Stale Configuration

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey all,

Well I did it, I upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.10.3 and as expected it didn't go properly.

I am getting Array Stopped - Stale Configuration when I start the array.  

My VM's are running, and my Dockers are running, but UnRaid only gives me a reboot or shutdown.

I closed my brower, and even did a reboot, no issues until I start the array.  I tried Safari browser even and same issue.

Not sure where to go from here to clear this issue.  I made 0 configuration changes and the only changes right before upgrade was Docker and Plugin updates.

Appreciate any support.  Thank you all.

unraidsvr-diagnostics-20220630-1024.zip

I remember struggling with this, are you trying both http/https? I was using firefox and it would have a box that popped up each time it was stale. Here was my post about it:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/121459-unraid-stable-until-rebootrestart-then-may-fail-to-boot/?do=findComment&comment=1109476

this was the error that happened with the stale config

explorer_29.March.22_12_25_36.thumb.jpg.7abc8dacb537c53aa05e9eb15cacba81.jpg

I eventually got it fixed, but im terrible at documenting what I did to fix it.

Hope this helps some!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/2/2022 at 10:52 AM, JorgeB said:

Either of the posters above with the issue can you please confirm that booting in safe mode didn't help?

I just found this post because I'm having the same exact problem as Acps, after upgrading from 6.10.3 to 6.11.0  I can confirm that I tried booting in safe mode, then booting in regular mode and I'm still having the same issue

On 9/28/2022 at 2:24 AM, JorgeB said:

Are you using Firefox?

Yes, I was using firefox, ultimately I solved the problem in the same way that azacan did, I rebooted the system and did a login with a different browser (chrome, in my case):

On 8/9/2022 at 4:25 PM, azacan said:

Happened to me following same upgrade path and using Firefox. I got it solved, as mentioned here, by rebooting the system (no need of safe mode) and doing the first log in with a different browser, not Firefox. I tried Brave (based on Chrome) and everything went fine.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ran into this today: upgraded from v6.9.2 to v6.11.5 - after the reboot and before I started the array (all existing disks showed healthy), I shut down the server to add a new disk. Booted back up, new disk was found and assigned - started the array and disk preclear was in progress. Came back a few hours later, disk preclear was at ~60%, the array was stopped and the only error message I could find in the log was "unraid emhttpd: stale configuration". Array control buttons were gone - I could only reboot or shutdown the server. Was using Firefox v107.0.1

Rebooted and logged back in using MS Edge - all disks showed green and preclear was restarted at 0%, but I could start the array and everything is now still fine even when coming back using Firefox.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, bulbousFruitfly said:

ran into this today: upgraded from v6.9.2 to v6.11.5 - after the reboot and before I started the array (all existing disks showed healthy), I shut down the server to add a new disk. Booted back up, new disk was found and assigned - started the array and disk preclear was in progress. Came back a few hours later, disk preclear was at ~60%, the array was stopped and the only error message I could find in the log was "unraid emhttpd: stale configuration". Array control buttons were gone - I could only reboot or shutdown the server. Was using Firefox v107.0.1

Rebooted and logged back in using MS Edge - all disks showed green and preclear was restarted at 0%, but I could start the array and everything is now still fine even when coming back using Firefox.

Just had this happened, scared the crap out of me. This resolved it for me as well! Thank you for your help :D

Edited by denellum
On 12/13/2022 at 11:15 PM, bulbousFruitfly said:

started the array and disk preclear was in progress

A small point on terminology - this is a Clear and not a preClear.    A Preclear is when you clear the drive BEFORE adding it to the array.   I agree that is a bit pedantic but it does avoid possible confusion as to what is happening.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just encountered the same issue (within a lab which is running 6.11.5). Using Firefox 111.01 i get the same issue of start array > prompt > hit resubmit > stale configuration. 

Note: I was previously able to login to this server without this issue, cannot recall what version of Firefox I was running when i last accessed this server.

Signing in via the Edge browser seems to work without such a prompt. I have attached a screenshot of the dialog. The workaround (clicking on cancel in the prompt) isn't too difficult to do but would be good to understand the root cause. 

I have included some diagnostics if they are of use to anyone. (captured after attempting to login via Firefox and clicking on resubmit on the dialog). Thanks,

++ Tried on 6.9.2 with the same version of Firefox and not seeing the same issue. 

Screenshot 2023-04-06 103443.png

ur-lab-diagnostics-20230406-1041.zip

Edited by unraidster