Unraid only boots after change of USB port

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi guys,

since two weeks, I have issues with rebooting my unraid server (6.10.3). I have a pikvm connected to the server and it gives me some errors like

"device descriptor read/64, error -71"
"device not responding to setup address"
"device not accepting address 12, error -71"
"unable to enumerate USB device"
(see picture)

The boot process stops at the point of the first screenshot and does not proceed. The only thing I can do is a hard shutdown, plug the unraid USB drive in another USB port and boot it up. Then it boots normally.

As you can see from the picture, USB device 1-2.2 is concerned, so I looked up in the GUI of unraid, what USB device relates to 1-2.2. The second picture shows, that the unraid flash drive itself seems to be the problem. 

From the google search for the "unable to enumerate USB device" I found, that either there is a problem with the kernel (probably less likely) or with the USB drive. 

The USB flash drive is a Samsung MUF-32BE4/EU BAR Plus 32 GB Typ-A USB 3.1 and is about one year old. 

For the motherboard I use a Asus Prime Z590-A Gaming and the case is a Fractal Design Define R6.

So is my USB drive broken or is there any other explanation for this behavior?

Thank you very much for your help!

Maginos. 

Unraid error message.png

Unraid devices.png

• 2 weeks later...

With the new USB drive it works now. 
I did the replacement of the USB drive today, because I ordered my license on 21st July 2021, so I was able to do the replacement by myself without bothering the limetech team with it.

Since I upgraded from basic to pro, two licenses were found on the flash drive and I had to remove the one, that shouldn't be transferred. 
I did it by entering 
mv /boot/config/Basic.key /boot/config/Basic.key_bak

in the unraid terminal.

Then logout and login in the myservers plugin and everything is fine now. B| Even reboots work now as expected.

• Like 1