birectional copy/paste host < -- > vm

I have a Debian linux VM built and I can connect using NoVNC but the clipboard doesn't work and a quick google search suggests that this is functionality that isn't available in Unraid.

The posts are quite old (2015-2017)  and some do suggest a kludgy workaround using Autokey but I thought I'd ask if this is still the case in 2022? Is it not possible to copy and paste between the host and guest or vice-versa, it seems kind of fundamental functionlaity that is available in every other hypervisor even if you have to install a plugin to the guest.

I've seen one post that suggests it is NoVNC that doesn't support this, but I use NoVNC elsewhere and the Clipboard works very well albeit in a two step process.

Has there been any forward movement on providing this copy/paste for VM's ... for me it could turn out to be a real blocker to adoption.

The Unraid host provided VNC server should only be used for management tasks that can't be accomplished with remote access software in the VM guest itself.

For a remote desktop, try installing nomachine on the VM and your desktop, and use that. For remote terminal, enable SSH in the VM and connect directly using putty or similar.

• 4 months later...