2nd round of preclear failed, should I return this HDD?

On 8/5/2022 at 7:23 AM, ryukenhin said:

damaged on the edge out of the box.

That statement on its own would be enough for me to return the drive, considering the forces needed to make that dent INSIDE a shipping container...   however...

On 8/5/2022 at 7:23 AM, ryukenhin said:

(shipped from the USA to Australia)

obviously changes things. If you could return it and get perfect drive in return for nothing more than hassle on your part, personally I might return it.

But given that the drive seems to be performing, maybe it's not worth the aggravation.

How long after accepting and using the drive would you be able to return it without loss to you? I'd definitely be keeping an eye on it.

23 hours ago, JonathanM said:

That statement on its own would be enough for me to return the drive, considering the forces needed to make that dent INSIDE a shipping container...   however...

obviously changes things. If you could return it and get perfect drive in return for nothing more than hassle on your part, personally I might return it.

But given that the drive seems to be performing, maybe it's not worth the aggravation.

How long after accepting and using the drive would you be able to return it without loss to you? I'd definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Thanks for your suggestions. 
I still can return it for free in the next 48 hours.
Currently preclearing the drive to have some final test on it. 
The extended SMART test did failed at the first round. Not sure if it indicates anything.
 image.thumb.png.0b8f544cb63955a97d3eaea54baba0da.png