Cache Drives Not Being Used after System Swaps

Go to solution Solved by BKTEK,

User shares are simply the combined top level folders on all array and pools. They are mounted at /mnt/user. Normally, each user share appears separately on the network. A user share named media is /mnt/user/media. When you work with a specific user share, Unraid applies the settings for that user share to anything you do with the share.

The rootshare is /mnt/user itself, which contains all of the user shares. If you are working with rootshare, Unraid can't apply any specific user share settings since rootshare is all shares.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your responses and taking the time to answer. I understand better the structure of rootshares. But like I said, the weird part is that I was able to get cache drives working with the manual rootshares method detailed in SpaceInvaderOne's video here:

The Unassigned Devices plugin method never used the cache but the SpaceInvaderOne's did.

Still don't know why.

I just did a complete rebuild of Unraid and will experiment with these two methods to see why they differ.

Also, apologies for the long pause.