Failing to boot from usb unless keyboard is connected

robti

Hi so I have been running this set up for many years with whs 1 and 2011 then truenas core & scale now with unraid with the only difference being changing boot from ssd to usb. Now system hangs on bios splash screen at boot unless a keyboard is connected then it boots normally. Can I ask that if I set the usb stick up legacy as the media creation tool didn’t work and I clicked the boot file as admin could it be anything in this before I delve deeper ?

Thanks

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, robti said:

Can I ask that if I set the usb stick up legacy as the media creation tool didn’t work and I clicked the boot file as admin could it be anything in this

Don't see how, looks like a board/BIOS issue, look for a "keep booting on errors/no keyboard" or similar setting in the BIOS.

• Confused 1

nothing i have been searching all morning with no results there doesn't seem to be a bios setting for halt on errors, funny its been running for years with never having this problem before. so tried the usb in all the ports with the same result hangs on the american megatrends splash screen pop a key board in and the unraid splash screen comes up, so tried it with an old microsoft wireless mouse/keyboard usb stick and it boots okay in all the ports, so totally lost now tried truenas and it boots okay back to unraid and no boot, so only diffence is booting from usb 

• Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...