We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

All video/music streams from unraid shares are unplayable

I opt out of using something like plex because I like browsing my filesystem and keeping programs on my local machine linked to the shares. this has worked fine for years. i just built a new unraid box a few months ago and it's been running fine. though there is an issue thats cropped up recently (on all devices)... When i play a video or music file, it'll freeze, and buffer like crazy even minute. Not only that but it freezes my windows explorer too. I've also noticed that sometimes my main webui and other docker webuis are unavailable when i still can use the services on my network.

ive looked around but i cant find anything specific to my issue. 

Either it's a limitation of SMB or something is broken, because i should have more than enough hardware to spare to play these files. 

Edited by lelouch420

I notice that you have the 'appdata' and 'system' shares set to Use Cache=Yes which tells mover to attempt to move them to the array and as a result have files for these shares on the array.  Normally for performance reasons you want these shares on the cache.  To achieve that you should change them to Use Cache=Prefer; disable the docker and VM services (which keep files open on these shares thus stopping them being moved) and then manually run mover from the Main tab.