Files on wrong drive

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi again everyone

A few days ago I finished backing up my unRAID server and I've only recently finished returning all my data back onto it. I have 5 drives which form the array, then I have 3 cache pools. 2 of the cache drives are used for appdata, vm's etc, and the 3rd one is for any downloading.

pic1.thumb.PNG.f9066bb6a6047401e8fa6a87c63a5e9a.PNG

I have been downloading a few torrents and I have had issues with Sonarr and Radarr not importing, so while I sort this out I have been using Krusader to move these media files into my library. What I couldn't work out was why I haven't been gaining space back on my Downloads drive.... well, I have figured that out; they are still there!

tv.thumb.PNG.7fd787d7b157d0b9121f51a2901149c5.PNG

NOTE: none of my media shares have a cache drive. In the above example, the share is only allowed to use disks 1 to 4, and this has always been the case. This issue has occurred only because I used Krusader.

I am hoping I can get some assistance on what I need to do to remove the data from my Downloads disk. I am also hoping to get some help with the best way moving forward..... should I actually make my Downloads disk the cache for my media shares? Then when MOVER runs it will clear the drive for me. Would actually making the disk the cache drive right now before moving any files, resolve this issue?

Please let me know if more info is required from me.

Thanks in advance everyone!

UPDATE - 

I decided to try and sort this out myself.... what's the worst that can happen?? haha

I used Krusader to move files on the drives that they should be on. I then changed my shares so I have the one share where I keep my media, and I am now using the 'downloads' drive as my cache drive for my media.

• Solution

Sounds as if you are seeing a manifestation of the behaviour described here in the online documentation accessible via the 'Manual' link at the bottom of the GUI. 

If you are on Unraid 6.10.x or later you could install the Dynamix File Manager plugin and use that to move files instead of Krusader.  This plugin is aware of the issue and will use a copy/delete strategy to avoid it.