UNRAID 6.10.0-rc2 Failed Disk and Docker Apps Disappeared

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

• Solution

Diagnostics already includes SMART for all attached disks so no need to attach it separately.

SMART for new disk looks fine. I guess we can let rebuild test the disk and its connections.

Follow these instructions carefully. If things don't seem to work as described, or you have questions, let us know. We will check some things along the way to see how well things are working.

1. Go to Tools - Diagnostics, Retain All, Apply
  2. Reassign disk1, assign new disk as disk2
  3. Check BOTH parity valid box AND maintenance mode box

Then start the array and post new diagnostics and a screenshot of Array Devices

Those steps will get disk1 back into the array, a new disk in disk2 slot, all other disks as is, and without actually mounting anything so parity and all disks are unchanged.

The next steps (after we get diagnostics and screenshot) will disable disk2 so it can be rebuilt on the new disk.

Parity Sync just completed with no errors.  This looks very promising.  I was able to start docker and my apps were there.  I guess I need to understand how I make them utilize the SSD or NVMe disk pools I have.  I thought I had them configured to utilize them correctly but I guess I was wrong.  Regarding upgrading UNRAID itself from an RC release to a normal release, is there a particular procedure I need to follow?

unraid-diagnostics-20220930-1121.zip

7 hours ago, evans.family.mike said:

I was able to start docker and my apps were there.  I guess I need to understand how I make them utilize the SSD or NVMe disk pools I have.  I thought I had them configured to utilize them correctly but I guess I was wrong.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:14 PM, trurl said:

You don't seem to have a pool named cache, but some of your user shares are configured to use that pool. In particular, appdata, domains, system are configured to prefer a pool named cache, and since it doesn't exist, all those shares have been created on the array

You need to go to the settings for each of those shares and designate a pool that exists. Then

Nothing can move open files. You have to disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings then run Mover to get these moved to their designated pools.