Unmountable: No file system (x2)

FRX

Should I rebuild disk5 before removing disk2?

Is it possible to rebuild before formating? Right now it says unmountable on both disk2 and disk5, but I looks like I still can rebuild. But at the same time the option to format is available (checkbox with Format will create a file system in all Unmountable disks.)

Or should I first set filesystem to xfs on disk5, and do the repair? Will that remove the unmountable flag on the disk?

Sorry for the many questions, at this point Im afraid to do anything and lose even more..

7 hours ago, FRX said:

the option to format is available (checkbox with Format will create a file system in all Unmountable disks.)

NO!

Format is a write operation, it writes an empty filesystem to the disk. Unraid treats this write operation just as it does any other, by updating parity. If you format a disk in the parity array, the only thing it can rebuild is an empty filesystem.

Okay so the repair on disk5 returned this:

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... couldn't verify primary superblock - not enough secondary superblocks with matching geometry !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock... ..

....found candidate secondary superblock...

unable to verify superblock, continuing...

.found candidate secondary superblock...

Exiting now.

Is the brand new replacement disk for disk5 no good?

• 4 weeks later...

To report back, UFS explorer was able to recover all the data on the old disk 5. But nothing from disk 2 or disk 5. The server is back up and running but a couple of TB is missing. Im probably going to invest in a second server with somthing like 3x18TB and use that as the main server and this old one as backup, sometime in the future.

Thank you again for all the replies and the help!

• Like 1