Unraid Lost and Found - corrupt file system

Hawkins12

Hello, running 6.10.3.  I had a power outage today (everything on battery backup) and so i preventatively shut down Unraid as I wanted to conserve the backup.  Upon rebooting, i noted that my "Disk 7" drive was "unmountable".  I searched out, found some forum threads and ultimately ended on SpaceInvader's video on corrupt file systems.  I was able to start the array in maintenance mode, run the "Check Filesystem Status" and it found and corrected some errors that occurred.   Upon restarting the array after the filesystem check, ALL data was in "Lost & Found" folder.  Most of it was distinguishable and because of some cloud backups, I was able to mimick the exact file/folder structure I had before.  There are thousands of files so I wasn't able to spot check everything but I think it recovered everything.  Now onto the root of my questions surrounding this:

1) I do have some risidual files in "Lost & Found" which appear to have lost their file names, etc.  See below:  Is there any way/program out there that will allow me to distinguish what these files actually are (ie. word, pdf, jpg, etc).    If the "modified time" is correct, I'd have no idea what these items are given their age.image.png.6658eb30cc4abc819f2bee6f2b16d0b7.png

2) The hard drive that this occured on is a Seagate 14TB Exos drive.  I just "installed" it into the server about 2-3 weeks ago.  Should I be concerned that the file system was corrupt on a newly installed HDD (and brand new HDD).  There are no smart errors that are triggering:

image.thumb.png.d4651b37fca63de5789411618863fb2e.png

3) Once I figure all this out, I am going to re-run the parity check.  I presume it'll be riddled with errors but can assume right now my parities are effectively useless.  Not a question but just seeing if there is anything I am missing here.

4) Any other things to note regarding this?  Obviously it isn't something I want to happen again but is there a way to test filesystems without loss of data?  Any other things I should check?

This can sometimes help:

https://linux.die.net/man/1/file

Disk looks fine, parity check should find no errors, assuming it was in sync before, and assuming the server did a clean shutdown.

Best way to protect against filesystem corruption and other issues is to have backups, but if you get multiple occurrences of unexpected filesystem corruption it might indicate a hardware issue, like bad RAM.