clicks and parity errors

I apologize for not responding.  The key problem has been fixed by a reboot, thank you.  However, my initial problem is still unsolved.  When I last posted, I had five working disks, but no parity, as it appeared there were errors with the drive.  So, I replaced the parity drive with a new one.  I just completed the initial parity check/data rebuild and it has found over 800 errors.  What next?  It seems that perhaps there were problems with Disk 6 and with the initial parity drive.  I think next I should replace disk 6, but am uncertain if I am risking data loss.  Suggestions?  As ever, thank you.

tower-diagnostics-20221004-0922.zip

14 hours ago, JorgeB said:

run an extended SMART test on that disk.

2 hours ago, smellthebean said:

SMART report attached.

Doesn't look like an extended SMART self-test (or any SMART self-test) was run recently

9 Power_On_Hours          -O--C-   087   087   000    -    97283

SMART Extended Self-test Log Version: 1 (1 sectors)
Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Short offline       Completed without error       00%     31746         -
# 2  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%     31614         -

That drive is over 11 years old. Many of your other disks are just as old as that. Why are most of your disks still ReiserFS?

Interesting.  I did complete both short and extended self-tests without error.  and yes the number of hours on the drive is over 90k (this server is now used only for archival purposes, hence its age), so I intend to replace disk 6 regardless of the SMART result.  However, the parity check forced out errors (as did the original one a couple of days ago), so I am just wondering what my options are.  I have to replace disk 6, but what can I now expect, given the fact of two straight parity checks with errors? Do I have any other option than to replace disk 6?