For the previous 4 years, unRaid has functioned for me without fault. One month ago, I lost my original motherboard and replaced it with an MSI 880GMA-E53, which, I read in WIKI, was compatible with unRaid. I am running version 4.7. The new motherboard and processor booted into BIOS without incident, and I set boot order to my USB device which contains my version 4.7. I noted that my HDDs, seven in all including the parity drive, were recognized in BIOS. Saving out of BIOS, I allowed unRaid to boot up all the way. I entered the unRaid console without incident. However, I noted that Disk 3 was indicated as "missing" in the console. I went into the "devices" tab to associate the proper disk with Disk 3. Though I found the proper SATA drive with correct serial number in the drop down, and though I selected it, after the whole console screen greyed out for several moments, the selected drive did not fill in the assignment for Disk 3. I attempted to "unassign" Disk 3 with the same result. I shut down the array from the console and unplugged and replugged the cables corresponding to the "missing" disk. I rebooted. The console still indicated it as "missing." I shut down via the console and replaced the SATA cable with another. Same result. "Missing" disk. I did the same thing with a third SATA cable. Same result. "Missing" disk.

I am absolutely embarrassed by my lack of knowledge of Linux. Help. I miss my server.

syslog6-17.zip

Opentoe, I agree. That is why I tried to swap out cables and included that detail in my initial post. I am terrible at software and OSs but have been building computers for over 20 years. That's why it is so embarrassing to be so command-line ignorant. Somehow, I have managed to keep a small business network up and running for almost 20 years. I guess I know just enough hardware stuff and get advise on the other stuff to keep my head above water, though I do feel as if I am drowming just now.