6.10.1 & 6.10.2 - problems downloading/updating plugins/OS from a cdn URL location

sorrow

Thank you.  That's good information.

That's a lot better than 89 minutes.  What will happen now in the next release, when the cdn download fails after the 33 secs, the plugin manager will remove the cdn from the URL and start a download with that URL.

This should solve your issue of the cdn URL not downloading.

4 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Thank you.  That's good information.

That's a lot better than 89 minutes.  What will happen now in the next release, when the cdn download fails after the 33 secs, the plugin manager will remove the cdn from the URL and start a download with that URL.

This should solve your issue of the cdn URL not downloading.

Oh, that would be awesome. I certainly look forward to testing that out when the next release hits.
I appreciate your work on this.
Thanks!

I see in the 6.11.2 version the following changes:

Changes:

If plugin files cannot be read from CDN URL, the download falls back to the non-CDN URL.
Enforce plugin files must end in '.plg'.
Fixed post hook failing when plugin download fails.
Adjusted the wget parameters to keep it from indefinitely hanging.

That's awesome to see that this was added in. I was able to do a lot of plugin copying/editing and finally got one of my servers (the one I was sending debugs from) to update to 6.11.2 after deleting out the .cdn locations from the .plug file. That server seems to be doing well, so we'll see how any future updates go since the changes have been implemented in the latest version.

My other server was having major issues updating from 6.10.1, but we'll see how a try to 6.11.2 goes.

I just wanted to say thanks. I appreciate the time/effort you all took on making things happen.
Cheers!

Edited by sorrow
  • Upvote 1
On 11/5/2022 at 10:24 AM, sorrow said:

My other server was having major issues updating from 6.10.1, but we'll see how a try to 6.11.2 goes.

The fix is in 6.11.2, so you'll need to manually update to that version and then hopefully from there you'll be able to check for plugin updates, etc without having to edit any files.

See my earlier comment on how to manually update: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/128922-6101-6102-problems-downloadingupdating-pluginsos-from-a-cdn-url-location/#comment-1177573

15 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

The fix is in 6.11.2, so you'll need to manually update to that version and then hopefully from there you'll be able to check for plugin updates, etc without having to edit any files.

See my earlier comment on how to manually update: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/128922-6101-6102-problems-downloadingupdating-pluginsos-from-a-cdn-url-location/#comment-1177573

Yeah, I was able to manually update the first server the other day to 6.11.2. I've just add issues trying to update the 2nd server to any other version higher than the 6.10.1 that it's currently on, as it just won't boot once the new version is on the flash. I'll work through it, though.

Thanks! :)

On 11/7/2022 at 1:57 PM, ljm42 said:

I was able to upgrade to 6.11.3 from 6.11.2 without having to do it manually! It appears that the upgrade/fixes that were instituted worked like a charm. They did seem to stall a bit, and I was curious if it was actually doing anything, since there wasn't anything happening on the screen, but I am assuming that it was trying to access the cdn, had a time limit on that, and then moved over to the non-cdn link, and then started the download/install. That "stall" was it trying to access the cdn first before hopping over to non-cdn. 

Still, worked 100%, and the install was flawless.
Thanks! :)