Switching over to 10GbE

opentoe

I'm switching over to 10GbE in my home and started testing a couple RJ45 based 10GbE cards. I got the Gigabyte Vision, but it does not fit in any of my slots! Can someone explain why the Vision is longer and won't fit in my PCIe slots? On my board I have those little tiny PCIe slots which was where I thought this would plug in and I have the longer slots the type you install your video card in. Any suggestions on this craziness? The Vision card is on the left and a normal PCIe is on the right.

VISION.jpg

8 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Depends on the switch, there are models with just RJ45 ports (one combo in this case), e.g.:

https://www.netgear.com/business/wired/switches/unmanaged/xs508m/

iIf someone buys a switch with 1gbit RJ45 ports on it and it also has 2 SFP+ ports, what are they connecting or how are they using those SFP+ ports? Are they just directly connecting to other devices on the network? Just confused on the manner in how those 10Gbe ports are used if the rest of that switch only has 1Gbit RJ45. I'm looking to get myself a switch with 10GBE RJ45 ports on it and a couple of SFP+ ports.