[SOLVED]saving tvshows to from Sickbeard to cache drive

Scales

I have recently added Sickbeard / SABnzbd / Couchpotato to my unraid server and all seems to working great. I am wondering about saving tvshows from Sickbeard to my cache drive. Currently I am saving them to /mnt/user/TVshows via the default tvshow path in Sickbeard. Is there any way to save to cache drive without having Sickbeard freak out because the shows no longer show up in that location ? Or am I missing the simplest of solutions?

Save them to the \\tower\share\folder path instead.  Then they should be automatically cached and Sickbeard won't freak out.

\\tower (or whatever your unRAID is called) will resolve to localhost, so none of the traffic will actually end up out on your network.

(I think this will work, I've never put UNC paths in Sickbeard before)

If you want to use the cache drive feature, you have to enable it in the shares settings page on the webgui.

The classic processing of TV Shows is:

SB sends NZB to SABnzbd

SABnzbd downloads to a folder on the cache drive (under a folder preceded by ".")

Sabnzbd invokes SB postprocessing

SB renames and whatever the episode in that folder

Episode, thumbnails and nfo are moved to the /mnt/user/TVshows folder.

When cache drive is enabled for /mnt/user/TVshows, the files will remain on the cache drive till the daily mover script moves them to the parity protected array. The files will appear in your user shares enven though they are not parity protected. The only thing you need to do is to set the download folder in a non-user share folder on your cahce drive, usually .custom.

If you want to use the cache drive feature, you have to enable it in the shares settings page on the webgui.

The classic processing of TV Shows is:

SB sends NZB to SABnzbd

SABnzbd downloads to a folder on the cache drive (under a folder preceded by ".")

Sabnzbd invokes SB postprocessing

SB renames and whatever the episode in that folder

Episode, thumbnails and nfo are moved to the /mnt/user/TVshows folder.

When cache drive is enabled for /mnt/user/TVshows, the files will remain on the cache drive till the daily mover script moves them to the parity protected array. The files will appear in your user shares enven though they are not parity protected. The only thing you need to do is to set the download folder in a non-user share folder on your cahce drive, usually .custom.

Pretty sure I have it that way.

SAB processes the tv downloads and puts them in /mnt/cache/.custom/Downloads/complete/TVshows

Then SB has /mnt/user/TVshows as the default path for all shows.

So this setup will be ok for parity and should cause no issues? Does this not bypass the cache drive?

As long as you have your "TVshows" share configured to use the cache drive, then that setup should work fine.  It will show up immediately in /mnt/user/TVshows, but will actually reside under /mnt/cache/TVshows until the mover script runs.

/mnt/user/TVshows is the internal link to the network user share \\tower\TVshows. Using \mnt\user\TVshows on the server is the same as using //Tower/TVshows from another computer on the network. So, if you have that share set to use the cache drive then the use of the cache drive will be seamless.

Peter

Archived