Parity Run pauses because of overheated disks!?

Go to solution Solved by knarf0007,

Hi All,

I shrinked my array (removed 3 disks) using the "New Configuration" method. In principle all works fine, but the current parity run pauses every few minutes with the error messages, that a few drives are overheated, which they are not (my first alert temperature is 45°C). But anyway I can't remember that a parity run ever stops because of an overheated disk. Any idea? Thanks a lot.

Greetings

Frank

unraid-server-diagnostics-20221008-1016.zip

• Solution

Sorry Guys, during the "New Config" procedure a lot of other settings were changed to default values. So did the setting to pause the parity run on some temperature levels. I set the value for "Pause and resume array operations if disks overheat" to no and it seems to work now. 

6 hours ago, knarf0007 said:

So did the setting to pause the parity run on some temperature levels.

That setting is only an option in the Parity Check Tuning plugin, not part of standard Unraid, and the New Config should not change that setting.   What is more likely is that the New Config reset the warning  and critical levels for temperature from the values you previously had set.