Missing Keyfile

Go to solution Solved by Werner Bober,

Hi, since the update to 6.11 (now the latest version 6.11.1) I have the third time a missing keyhole error. I have used a new flash drive and another USB port. But after a few days it's the same problem. The keyfile is missing and there are no VM or Docker tabs visible. The containers are running. If I reboot the system, something is ok for about two days. Is there a bug in 6.11? Can I downgrade to 6.10 ( there I don't had problems)?

Regards

Werner

49 minutes ago, Werner Bober said:

Hi, since the update to 6.11 (now the latest version 6.11.1) I have the third time a missing keyhole error. I have used a new flash drive and another USB port. But after a few days it's the same problem. The keyfile is missing and there are no VM or Docker tabs visible. The containers are running. If I reboot the system, something is ok for about two days. Is there a bug in 6.11? Can I downgrade to 6.10 ( there I don't had problems)?

Regards

Werner

This sounds more like a problem of some sort at the hardware level.   The requested diagnostics should allow for more informed feedback.

You definitely have an issue with the flash drive as you are getting error messages such as:

Oct  9 13:20:31 unRAID kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 32768) failed
Oct  9 13:20:31 unRAID kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 32769) failed

and other ones that indicate failures trying to access files under /boot (which is where the flash drive is mounted).    Could not tell whether the problem was the flash drive itself or something else that was causing it to go offline.

Now I have tried a back USB 2.0 port. Since Sunday it works fine. Now the keyfile is missing again after reload the dashboard.

I already made a BIOS update, checked the USB port settings in the BIOS. Everything is ok. 

Two days works fine, than the keyfile is missing.

Now I will downgrade to 6.10. There I don't had problems. 

I'll give a feedback... Hopefully it helps.

• Solution

Hi, 

something happend with the USB 2.0 port. Other devices (UPS, smart home antenna) working well, only the flash go offline after one or two days.

Since five days I use a USB 3.1 port (same flash drive) and everything works well. Maybe I find out where the problem is. The main thing is that it is running again.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1