Disk issues and ethernet card question

MrBrac
Go to solution Solved by MrBrac,

I got the new sas attempting to redo parity , I formated 10 and 11. Right now 10 is btrfs and rest are xfs is that okay?

I went to switch disk 10 back to XFS , need format it . But then the parity is going insanely fast roughly 6gbs a second and its almost done.

bracservultra-diagnostics-20221019-1446.zip

Oct 19 12:59:30 bracservultra kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev md10, logical block 1953506608, async page read
Oct 19 12:59:30 bracservultra  emhttpd: shcmd (197): mkfs.xfs -m crc=1,finobt=1 -f /dev/md10
Oct 19 12:59:30 bracservultra root: mkfs.xfs: pwrite failed: Input/output error
Oct 19 12:59:30 bracservultra root: libxfs_bwrite: write failed on (unknown) bno 0x3a3812948/0x100, err=5
Oct 19 12:59:30 bracservultra root: mkfs.xfs: Releasing dirty buffer to free list!
Oct 19 12:59:30 bracservultra root: found dirty buffer (bulk) on free list!

forget everything said and lets just look at current daigs , cuz stuff is running good. Somehow parity was done in 45 mins .

bracservultra-diagnostics-20221019-1446.zip

Edited by MrBrac
23 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Still read errors on disk10, rebuild will skip ahead on errors, hence the speed.

I never did a rebuild , I formated it and said screw the rebuild I moved data off emulated disk and formatted it. I also formated 11. I then did parity check and somehow I got 5.6 GB speed instead of my usual 143 mb speed.

... This was a parity check. I ran extended smart test on 9 10 11 , so far 9 and 10 came back 100% good.

Ok Idk anymore

Took out DIsk 1 and 10. 10 had a good smart health.

I think 1 is old and dropping out.

Now it says my parity is X

image.thumb.png.4a717508e37b9cc2cf74bab265e49b0a.png

Says disk 9 has errors but I ran xfs repair and nothing

I cant sleep with this crap , so I redid parity in maintenance its now doing a parity sync. 

Before it was trying to do a check but I removed 2 disks so that would cause confusion right?

so the parity is totally invalid and has be redone. + the disk is brand new I can not believe I have this many disks with issues.

I keep running xfs repair on  so called issue disks and it has no problems.

bracservultra-diagnostics-20221021-0258.zip

Edited by MrBrac

I know disk 9 and 10 are healthy well IO errors happen on 9 when parity starts. Disk 1 is really old but has passed smart stats. I think i will pull that disk. I replaced the sas cables before I can reswap the old cables. There standard blue cables from amazon.

Edited by MrBrac

Disk 1 as Dev 1 smart test keeps saying I interrupted it which is a lie. I think the disk is old and dead.

BTW what do you think of my Ethernet options should I upgrade?

swapped cables for all disks on sas and now disk 10 is now disk 1 lets see

Edited by MrBrac
16 hours ago, MrBrac said:

Why is unraid disabling my Disk 1 (10) when its 100% healthy with no read sector errors?

If Unraid disables a disk it thinks a write to it has failed.  

Disk1 has CRC errors, so maybe one of them could not be recovered and caused a write error.   CRC errors are more often than not related to cabling (SATA or power) rather than the disk itself.