[Support] devzwf - Speedtest-tracker

8 minutes ago, NLS said:

Thanks - but no thanks.

I moved to another that is self contained.

That said, if I get more containers that need a stand-alone DB, I might revisit.

Understandable!!!
i am just the maintainer of the template not the app dev....

I could build a container self contained (with app+db) with same app tho... (unless already exist) but taht's a whole other story 

7 minutes ago, NLS said:

image.png.f60478c1ed80b464a02b8eacee998d53.png

I use this one as well :)
my only concern, is , it is not maintain since 3 years ....... seems abandoned
but seem still working fine .... even if i have some dicrepency when i cmpared to some others.

anyway , there is option :) beauty of Selfhosting and Opensource 

• Like 2
On 1/29/2024 at 4:03 PM, ZappyZap said:

I use this one as well :)
my only concern, is , it is not maintain since 3 years ....... seems abandoned
but seem still working fine .... even if i have some dicrepency when i cmpared to some others.

anyway , there is option :) beauty of Selfhosting and Opensource 

Yes. On the other hand, getting support = getting lucky, when self hosting and open source.

As for this container, no you are wrong. Last update was last summer (less than 6 months), which is "okayish" in my book.

On other news, I was forced to delete my docker folder and reinstall everything (where everything = 42 containers :( ...) because a couple got messed up last night... Couldn't start, couldn't be removed... Even using portainer...
Anyway.

Edited by NLS

Been trying to get this up and running for a day or two just out of wanting to try something and play with Docker more. I finally got a MariaDB up and running and logged into it through Adminer, I gave me user account all priviliges for the Speedtest DB I created (which is empty). I however am getting this output when I can connect now. Any direction on where this problem might be?

image.thumb.png.620d70a8a96e30201c04b39d9fd3ca88.png

For anyone coming here after an upgrade broke it with errors similar to this:

In Connection.php line 829:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused (Connection: mysql, SQL: delete f
rom cache)
In Connector.php line 65:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

See this support thread on the developers site:
https://github.com/alexjustesen/speedtest-tracker/issues/1088

Essentially, you just need to override the config change to using a "DB" back to using "file" by adding a variable with the key "CACHE_DRIVER" and a value "file".

speedtest1.png

Edited by jchaven
added image

@ZappyZap we're making progress testing a LinuxServer image instead of the one I've been building. Once it's been tested and rolled out to production I'll drop another post here as we'll want to update the template.

It'll be a drop in replacement, much much faster using less memory and cpu and the image size is roughly 1/2 of what it currently is (~298MB down to ~154MB).

https://github.com/alexjustesen/speedtest-tracker/issues/837

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Q; What is the best way to transition to the LSIO Image from the Alex one this template uses, if it is already set-up? Alex has announced he will no longer be updating his container after v17, and it will only be the LSIO one - can I just amend the repository field in this template to point the the LSIO container rather than the Alex one?

On 2/25/2024 at 5:30 AM, noties said:

You probably want to look at this: https://github.com/alexjustesen/speedtest-tracker/releases/tag/v0.16.0

It looks like your data just got moved to another table.

this looks like it was the issue. confused about the missing data I went digging through all the tables and found the one mentioned. thinking it was odd, I checked through recent release notes and found this.

crisis averted lol

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, R34nimator said:

Can someone assist me and tell me why when I installed the Speedtest Tracker that when I want to activate using the webui firefox says it's unable to connect? Thank you

you will need to provide more details