Parity check is paused for some reason

Tuumke
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

You might want to check under Settings->Scheduler that you have not set anything that might cause a pause.

The major thing I noticed wrong is that you are installing the NerdPack plugin and this is incompatible with the 6.11.x Unraid releases.   Quite what the side-effect of that will be is not clear.  Not sure exactly which options you actually now need that you were installing that way?   Some of the packages are now built into the standard Unraid release and there are plugins for many of the remainder.

17 hours ago, itimpi said:

You might want to check under Settings->Scheduler that you have not set anything that might cause a pause.

The major thing I noticed wrong is that you are installing the NerdPack plugin and this is incompatible with the 6.11.x Unraid releases.   Quite what the side-effect of that will be is not clear.  Not sure exactly which options you actually now need that you were installing that way?   Some of the packages are now built into the standard Unraid release and there are plugins for many of the remainder.

Thanks for your reply. I though i had deinstalled nerdpack! Thanks for noticing. I did sometimes need to manually unrar files, so i used unrar. But have that installed now via a package manually as explained in the threads.

What things could cause the parity check to pause?

-edit-

My parity check was planned on Sundays, 02:00 and Mover daily on 03:40. Think that might have been it? Changed mover to 01:00. See if that works

Edited by Tuumke
Just now, Tuumke said:

What things could cause the parity check to pause?

No idea if you have not set it to pause using either the standard Unraid built-in capability or are using the Parity Check Tuning plugin and set that to pause checks.  I could see no evidence in the diagnostics of it being paused by either of those.  It could be just a side-effect of something from NerdPack installed?   Otherwise out of ideas I am afraid.  

On 10/31/2022 at 11:05 AM, JorgeB said:
Oct 30 02:00:01 thebox kernel: md: recovery thread: check P ...
Oct 30 03:00:01 thebox kernel: mdcmd (63): nocheck pause

This suggests parity is set to pause after 1H, try re-applying the scheduled parity check settings.

Guess that makes sense. It's the Accumilation duration? That's set to 1 hour:

image.png.7dde6f7c73cd0c91f5b4988f430eeabf.png

This is a "new" setup. So all parity should be pretty default?