Cache issue after updating to 6.11.5 (from 6.11.3)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Yesterday i upgraded my cache drives, was a bit of a pain to get mover to get everything off the existing cache pool, but got it done. I formatted the new cache drives and put all the shares back to how they were before (prefer cache) and enabled the mover.

Edit: i guess i should explain my process a little more since it may be helpful.  I set all my shares that were using cache to Yes, started the mover, all but about 6mb of files came off (some empty appdata folders for pihole and krusader).  I stopped the array and selected the new cache drives and formatted the new drives.  i went ahead and changed them to a raid0 and hit Ballance.  I reset the shares back to Prefer for cache settings and started the mover.  Everything worked fine last night.  

Today i just upgraded to 6.11.5 from 6.11.3 and when i rebooted it was looking for the old drives. I tried starting the array, but now i have some red x's next to the two cache drives and says "device disabled contents emulated"

Any ideas?

The intel drives are the correct ones that i setup yesterday.  the mx500's are still plugged into the system but are unassigned devices.

image.thumb.png.375a895b4a840adc8b0fc704df3ac4a5.png

I did make a flash drive backup before the 6.11.3 to 6.11.5 update.  

Attached diagnostic

tower-diagnostics-20221122-0834.zip

Edited by danimal86
  • Solution

If Docker/VM services are using the cache pool disable them, unassign all cache devices, start array to make Unraid "forget" current cache config, stop array, reassign all cache devices (there can't be an "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started" warning for any cache device), re-enable Docker/VMs if needed, start array.

21 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

If Docker/VM services are using the cache pool disable them, unassign all cache devices, start array to make Unraid "forget" current cache config, stop array, reassign all cache devices (there can't be an "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started" warning for any cache device), re-enable Docker/VMs if needed, start array.

no vm's but dockers have appdata on the cache, so should i just dissable the docker engine or do something else (like setting the cache settings in the shares menu)?

Is this ok to check the "Yes, i want to do this"?

image.thumb.png.b2853c887a34e25b8c7ed4dcc576a682.png

Edited by danimal86