docker remote access problem

Lordbye

i'm arriving from a synology nas and at the moment I set up the nas and it works, I fixed the VMs and work and all the various applications I needed:

filebrowser

deluge

plex

and now also mounted a gdrive disk as folder with rclone

Now I'm left with these problem:

I can't access the docker applications. I try to explain, i can access my nas from remote (office pc) but if I launch deluge gui / file browser to add file from my pc (office),

my browser opens a screen with the local address (192xxxx) of the server and it obviously cannot connect.

i tried also my server with remote access, but doesn't open my nas (i think because of policy...proxy/firewall+websense+antvirus)

How can i lunch and use my docker app?

thanks 

2 hours ago, Lordbye said:

How can i lunch and use my docker app?

Have you tried setting up WireGuard VPN which is included in unRAID?  I use it to remotely access the unRAID GUI and the GUIs of all my docker containers (some on a VLAN with a different subnet than unRAID).  If you have a situation where the docker containers are on a different subnet/VLAN see the Complex Networks section of the WireGuard Quick Start.

HI, thanks for response.

I haven't set any vpn. I have only installed docker with "default" settings and on my router i have a ddns (no-ip ddns) to reach my nas

attached image.

For example: I click web_ui on file browser it opens a new browser tab and the address is http://192.168.1.10/files/

so to access docker i have to setup a vpn? and i have to reconfigure all docker??

ps: i have no admin grant at office (neither pc or lan) do i can't install anything (app/certificate etc,,)

Immagine.png

Edited by Lordbye
10 hours ago, Lordbye said:

so to access docker i have to setup a vpn? and i have to reconfigure all docker??

You do not have to setup a VPN but it makes things very easy.  WireGuard is built into unRAID and configuration is rather easy.  On the client side, you do need the WireGuard client with access profiles generated from the server.  I also use No-IP with a ddns name for the server.

Another alternative is SWAG for reverse proxy.

What you do not want to so is port forward key ports such as 443 and 80 in your router to open up your server to the outside world.  This is asking for trouble.  A VPN or reverse proxy are the secure ways of getting remote access to the server and docker container webUIs.

You do not have to reconfigure docker containers.  They could be setup in host or bridge mode using the server IP address:port# for GUI or they could have a separate IP address on br.0 or a VLAN with a different br.# designation.  Mine are on a VLAN (br0.3 docker network).  If using WireGuard you just have to make sure everything is configured properly for the right access method.

Edited by Hoopster