[RESOLVED] Flash log filling up with...

opentoe

Sent support my GUID information around 4am-5am and responded back within minutes! All good. Awesome support.

My flash log is filling up with"

Dec 12 06:08:14 SUN kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): error, fat_get_cluster: invalid start cluster (i_pos 0, start a6f6dfc3)
Dec 12 06:08:14 SUN kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): error, fat_get_cluster: invalid start cluster (i_pos 0, start a6f6dfc3)
Dec 12 06:08:14 SUN kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): error, fat_get_cluster: invalid start cluster (i_pos 0, start 870ffbd4)
Dec 12 06:08:14 SUN kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): error, fat_get_cluster: invalid start cluster (i_pos 0, start 870ffbd4)
Dec 12 06:08:14 SUN kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): error, fat_get_cluster: invalid start cluster (i_pos 0, start 162f82a3)

I also cannot update plugins. These are the log information when trying to install any of them.

This is for Unassigned devices:

plugin: updating: unassigned.devices.plg plugin: downloading: unassigned.devices-2022.12.12.tgz ... plugin: unassigned.devices-2022.12.12.tgz download failure: Generic error Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

Fix Common Problems:

plugin: updating: fix.common.problems.plg plugin: downloading: fix.common.problems-2022.12.13-x86_64-1.txz ... plugin: fix.common.problems-2022.12.13-x86_64-1.txz download failure: Generic error Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

Unassigned Devices Preclear:

plugin: updating: unassigned.devices.preclear.plg plugin: downloading: unassigned.devices.preclear-2022.12.12.tgz ... plugin: unassigned.devices.preclear-2022.12.12.tgz download failure: Generic error Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

UPDATE: I received this message from UNRAID OS itself:

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Language:

<br /> <b>Warning</b>: file_put_contents(/boot/config/plugins/fix.common.problems.plg): failed to open stream: Read-only file system in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php</b> on line <b>441</b><br /> {"status":"ok","script":"feedWarning('Primary Server');$('.statistics').attr('title','December 13, 2022 @ 6:04 pm');"}

Edited by opentoe
2 hours ago, opentoe said:

Read-only file system

The flash drive has been mounted read-only because of issues.  A reboot should hopefully repair the flash drive.

Failing that, shutdown and pull the stick and run the filesystem checks on it via Windows.  Failing that, transfer to a new flash device.

I'll do that now. Oddly upon reboot it is indicating a drive is missing. This drive passed all break-ins and was operating great for a few months. I'll check the cable, maybe even put it in a different slot. Sometimes doing that helps. Hence me switching everything over to a new case, motherboard, new 12Gbps card all using 10Gbe. I know UNRAID won't benefit that much but finally mu internal network will all be 10Gbe. Darn those SFP+/Copper switches are expensive. Come on Enterprise, let some of these switches go!! Not just your left overs. Ok, I'll reply back to see what happens with this filesystem check.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Squid said:

The flash drive has been mounted read-only because of issues.  A reboot should hopefully repair the flash drive.

Failing that, shutdown and pull the stick and run the filesystem checks on it via Windows.  Failing that, transfer to a new flash device.

I did a filesystem check and Windows found errors. Saved them as *.REC and *.CHK files. I'm making a backup of my flash drive now if it completes. Looks like my flash drive is dying slowly. The Unraid GUI popped up an alert and said " Your flash drive is corrupted or offline. Post your diagnostics in the forum for help. See also here". Right now I downloaded the Unraid USB Flash creator tool. I don't believe I ever used the tool. Does it reinstall the plugins that were previously there. I do have access to my PRO key, but the flash ID will be different. Been a long time since I had to replace my flash drive. What fun, when I should be sleeping. :)

• opentoe changed the title to [RESOLVED] Flash log filling up with...