Home Assistant VM looses USB device

shalafi
Go to solution Solved by shalafi,

Have installed Home Assistant as a VM with two devices connected via USB.

A ZWave stick (works flawless) and a RFXTRX USB 'controller' (not sure of what to call it 😁)

I have a problem with the RFXTRX, they are both passed through to the VM and all of a sudden I lost the RFXTRX (Z-Wave no problem),

I checked that both were passed through and decided to reinstall and re-add all 433MHz devices, worked for a day and a reboot and then it dissapeared again.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong, in my world the system should survice an Unraid reboot and still be able to connect ...

• 1 month later...

Experiencing a similar issue. After reboot of Unraid the USB port that has the Sonoff Stick connected is not passed throug to the VM anymore. Both checkboxes are not ticked. That is an issue. When there is a restart of Unraid due to whatever reason the whole Zigbee stuff cannot be used as Home Assistant inside the VM does not have access to the stick. I also did not quite understand the boot order thing (changed in the Bios?). Is this a bug and or what can be done to reliably keep the passthrough setting even after Unraid reboot?

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2023 at 8:44 PM, SEL81 said:

Experiencing a similar issue. After reboot of Unraid the USB port that has the Sonoff Stick connected is not passed throug to the VM anymore. Both checkboxes are not ticked. That is an issue. When there is a restart of Unraid due to whatever reason the whole Zigbee stuff cannot be used as Home Assistant inside the VM does not have access to the stick. I also did not quite understand the boot order thing (changed in the Bios?). Is this a bug and or what can be done to reliably keep the passthrough setting even after Unraid reboot?

same here, after a reboot of Unraid the usb devices are missing in the vm. checkboxes in the vm config are not ticked anymore. any hint how to solve this?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...