UNRAID missing share, XFS Corruption

crowdx42
Go to solution Solved by crowdx42,

I just finished doing a drive replacement (upgraded a drive from 8tb to 14tb) and now all my Shares are missing. I restarted the server a couple of times with no success but in the log I am seeing the error below.
Dec 16 06:06:59 UNRAID  emhttpd: error: get_filesystem_status, 6280: Structure needs cleaning (117): scandir Structure needs cleaning

I have also attached the system diagnostics file.

unraid-diagnostics-20221216-0604.zip

So disk 3 is the disk I did the rebuild on. :( So I ran the check disk in the default dry run mode and I am seeing results like what is below. Does this mean it will delete that filesystem record and so the file itself will be gone? 

entry "addons" in shortform directory 13133649192 references non-existent inode 17179871630 would have junked entry "addons" in directory inode 13133649192

Edited by crowdx42
Missing link

So I have a lot of files in the lost+found. I have the original disk and I have a 2nd UNRAID server that it can run in. What would be the best way to recover the files back to disk 3 and their correct folders?
Would doing a new config with the original drive work? I know it would break parity but at present the parity is matching to the lost+found data which is not where those files should be.
Thoughts?

Sorry, I am not clear.
For the New Config, are you saying that would work?
For Rsync, mount the old drive in the main server, mount with unassigned devices and then rsync the two drives? I have never used Rsync. 
For the Rsync option, I presume it syncs in only one direction? i.e. takes all the data on the old drive and makes sure it is synced with the new drive.
Once Rsync is complete I can just delete the lost+found folder or back it up somewhere if I am just paranoid? :)

5 minutes ago, crowdx42 said:

For the New Config, are you saying that would work?

Yes.

For Rsync, mount the old drive in the main server, mount with unassigned devices and then rsync the two drives? I have never used Rsync. 

Yes.

For the Rsync option, I presume it syncs in only one direction? i.e. takes all the data on the old drive and makes sure it is synced with the new drive.

Depends on the options used, but in the case you want that, you could use for example:

rsync -av --delete /mnt/disks/UD_name/ /mnt/disk3/

--delete will delete any files on dest that don't exist on source, so need to be careful with that (it will leave the empty folders like lost+found but you can then delete that), and it will copy any missing files.

21 minutes ago, crowdx42 said:

So for the UD_Name , is it the partition name? in this case partition name is 17SGUHZ6C.

Yes, you can change it by clicking on it.

21 minutes ago, crowdx42 said:

If I don't include delete in the rsync command above it will leave all the files in the lost+founb folder, but everything else will be synced?

Yes, as long as there's enough space.

Don't forget that you need to change XFS UUID first, UD settings.

So the Rsync command below is what I am about to run, from what I am reading on rsync, the -av is just a command to preserve the data on the destination disk (v being verbose). the next part (/mnt/disks/17SGUHZ6C/) is the source to copy from and the next part followed by a space is the destination (/mnt/disks/17SGUHZ6C/).
A little nervous running this, but it all seems to make sense :) .

rsync -av /mnt/disks/17SGUHZ6C/ c

• Solution

Well rsync finished (I restarted it in a putty session this time lol). Everything finished syncing and I checked the original disk file system and it was fine. So the old drive does not seem to have been the cause. I did a new XFS File check once everything was synced with the old drive and it came back fine.
Thank you JorgeB for all your help, it is very much appreciated.
Patrick

• Like 1