Disk making clicking sounds

For the past two days, a disk has been sporadically making clicking sounds. I typically hear a few clicks, then it can be quiet for a full day. I believe it's a 10 month old Seagate 8TB ST8000VN004 drive (parity). I've run parity sync, done speed tests, SMART test etc. and not found any fault with any of the drives. What should I do next? If a drive is failing I want to document it and get a new on the warranty.

it depends on how frequently of clicking happen. Try stick a thin paper on each disk for visual check which disk in abnormal vibration when clicking happen.

Today, I use my finger to feel which disk got failure and this also match the pre-fault identify ( when clicking happen, speed drop a lot and check the target disk SMART data,  it will pause little bit. )

Edited by Vr2Io

I put my phone on the disk, and used an app to measure vibrations. When doing "SMART extended self-test" there is actually a vibration spike every 5 seconds or so (same for all disks, so that seems normal), the clicking sound matches those vibration spikes (clicking on some vibrations, not all), so I'm pretty sure I've identified the disk making the sound.
I still haven't been able to prove that anything is wrong, so I'm not sure if I should try to return it now, or wait.

1 hour ago, Ademar said:

I still haven't been able to prove that anything is wrong,

If all ( or most ) disk clicking in similar level, then it probably not a fault, and some disks have design self execute "background media scan" to ensure disk health.

For my fault disk, definitely abnormal periodic vibration, it pass all test but speed drop a lot when clicking.

Edited by Vr2Io
5 minutes ago, Vr2Io said:

If all ( or most ) disk clicking in similar level, then it probably not a fault, and some disks have design self execute "background media scan" to ensure disk health.

For my fault disk, definitely abnormal periodic vibration, it pass all test but speed drop a lot when clicking.

There is vibration on all disks when doing extended SMART test. The clicking sound is only on this disk. And it sounds like it's clicking when writing data, not when reading (in addition to periodically clicking during SMART test, as mentioned).

19 hours ago, Ademar said:

I've run parity sync, done speed tests, SMART test etc. and not found any fault with any of the drives. What should I do next? If a drive is failing I want to document it and get a new on the warranty.

From Seagate Return Policy:

"Products that are determined to be No Trouble Found (NTF) are not eligible for warranty service.

Before returning your product, you may use the Seagate SeaTools diagnostic tool to determine the condition of your product and whether it is eligible to be returned under warranty.

Seagate reserves the right to return NTF products back to their owner and may charge for associated shipping costs. If you send us through this RMA process any products that are not covered by justified warranty claims, we may retain these products."