Unraid 6.9.2 new motherboard install intel 12600kf z690 gigabyte ultra board Can not find on network. Need help.

ssmokeyy

So my hardware failed after 4 years. Now i have change it from x299 to z690 setup 12600kf cpu  z690 gigabyte motherboard ultra. Intel nic also installed killer 2100 nic. So i have the ip address set static in unraid and can not ping that address. timed out. If i go on the usb stick and change the ip address of unraid by one digit i can ping the unraid server but can not loggin to the web browser address.  ip address refuses. Does anyone know what might be causing this?  Do i need to change the old motherboards mac address some how on the stick or in the text os loggin in?  Also if i try to load the unraid gui os on the unraid server it loads to a blank screen. 

3 hours ago, ssmokeyy said:

So my hardware failed after 4 years. Now i have change it from x299 to z690 setup 12600kf cpu  z690 gigabyte motherboard ultra. Intel nic also installed killer 2100 nic. So i have the ip address set static in unraid and can not ping that address. timed out. If i go on the usb stick and change the ip address of unraid by one digit i can ping the unraid server but can not loggin to the web browser address.  ip address refuses. Does anyone know what might be causing this?  Do i need to change the old motherboards mac address some how on the stick or in the text os loggin in?  Also if i try to load the unraid gui os on the unraid server it loads to a blank screen. 

Which NIC is eth0 as this will be the one unraid uses for the GUI.

My Z690 mother board has a 2.5Gb Intel nic which needed a later kernel than is in 6.9.2

run ifconfig, ethtool eth0 and ethtool eth1 to find NIC details

you may need to swap the NICs around.

two things that I would suggest here... update the OS(folks here dont like troubleshooting outdated software) and post Diags...

it's possible that the IP address has changed due to a new nic and DHCP providing a different IP... have you validated that you have the correct IP via the console(using an external monitor connected to the server)?

Yes to checking the ip on the console. It is the same as i had it set before. But I have also tried changing it and still no difference.  I'm ok with updating the os just not sure how to do it with out loosing my data on the stick.     SimonF not sure what your asking. If your asking if i can loggin to the os text command line that is a yes.  Os gui is a no it will not load to a screen just loads to a blank screen.  

4 hours ago, ssmokeyy said:

Yes to checking the ip on the console. It is the same as i had it set before. But I have also tried changing it and still no difference.  I'm ok with updating the os just not sure how to do it with out loosing my data on the stick.     SimonF not sure what your asking. If your asking if i can loggin to the os text command line that is a yes.  Os gui is a no it will not load to a screen just loads to a blank screen.  

if you run diagnostics on the comand line will creat a zip file on the flash. not sure if you have a way to copy off and post on here?

7 minutes ago, ssmokeyy said:

So i got unraid working. Update on another workstation worked. But now my nextcloud is not working. Says i need to update php 7.4 to php 8.0 or newer. Not finding a lot of info about this on the unraid platform.  Any tips on doing this?

Not sure how you run nextcloud but this will be the php package within the docker/vm not unraid.

1 hour ago, ssmokeyy said:

I setup nextcloud the same way spaceinvaderone did. So now im trying to loggin to nextcloud but can't find my user name its been forever since i had to make any changes

So this one statement is conflicting... you say that you havent "make any changes" yet you just setup nextcloud... and now nextcloud isnt working... 

Please consider marking this thread as solved and make a new post on the relevant forum/thread to your new issue... 

Edited by mathomas3